Shackelford Beach

Shackelford Beach
Serene Shackelford

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Devotion from christiandevotions.us

God protects us.
Not a Statistic
by Phoebe Leggett

...He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully... Luke 4: 10 NIV

Many times I could have been a statistic, but I wasn't. I could have been killed over and over again, but I'm still alive. The number of times God has rescued me from impending disaster, only heaven will reveal.

Before I became a Christian I was unaware of angels in my life. But when I learned to trust in God, he began to reveal that truth to me. Looking back over my life I realize angels have saved me many times from serious accidents.

When I was six-years-old, an elderly friend of the family drove my brother and me to see a group of goats living close to his home. They were feeding on tall grasses growing near the spillway of a reservoir. Needless to say, my brother and I were thrilled with this excursion.

But on our return trip home, the dirt road we were traveling wasn't wide enough for two cars to safely pass, and we were hit head-on by another car.

At that moment, visuals of my short life flashed before me as though watching a fast-paced movie. I thought my young life was over, but it wasn't. With only minor bumps and scratches, we all survived to tell about our accident.

How comforting to know angels are among us, protecting us every minute of every day. God is with us every moment of our lives--watching carefully. And yes, that's a promise from God we can depend on.

No comments:

Post a Comment